14, 15 & 16 October 2022
For the 2nd Edition of the World Food Design FORK proposes 3 INTENSE DAYS TO TALK AND ACT FOR FOOD, DESIGN AND CITIES.
14 October 2022 (Online, Closed Event)
Food Design for Cities. Let’s Share and Plan.
CO-CREATING A DESIGN-BASED APPROACH TO ENCOURAGE SUSTAINABLE FOOD SYSTEMS IN THE CITIES. INTERACTIVE AND CROSS-CULTURAL DIALOGUES.
The event will be a hybrid round table, with the aim of discussing together with invited food designers and experts the role of design methods for redesigning food systems in cities. A virtual meeting to collect, summarize and discuss the results of several international meetings organized all around the World by food designers, organizations and networks to discuss potential challenges and goals for designers who want to innovate, design new food systems and empower community of learning Research, co-learning and co-creation will be the 3 pillars of the debate which will end with draft guidelines on how to co-create a design-based approach to encourage sustainable food systems in the cities.
With the support and collaboration of:
– Red Latino Americana de Food Design;
– Food Design Professors from North-America;
– NAMAK Food Design India;
– Rise Against Hunger US and Europe;
– EU Representative from Fusilli Project;
– More Organization and Partners will be announced in the next weeks.
This meeting will be one of the side event that precedes the FAO Science and Innovation Forum. The Science and Innovation Forum (17 – 21 October 2022) will be preceded by independently organized side-events on 12-14 October 2022, with partners and Members showcasing their innovations and experiences.
4-6 PM on Zoom (Madrid Time)
15 October 2022 (Live from Madrid)
#FoodChangers are in Town. Let’s Start from Madrid.
FOOD DESIGN GUIDELINES FOR CHANGING CITIES.
A LIVE Meeting hosted by Impact Hub Madrid, where a group of #foodchangers and food specialists will discuss today’s and tomorrow’s sustainable problems and solutions to rethink food in cities. We should collaborate to design vibrant, largely informal urban and peri-urban agrifood solutions, to help improve sustainability, equity and opportunity growth, and mitigate risks to human and environmental health. A Creative Workshop to find solutions with multi-actors in the city. A Think tank to propose solutions to re-think food in the cities.
FOODDESIGNERS, #FOODCHANGERS it is time to CHANGE CITIES.
10AM-2PM Impact Hub Gobernador (Madrid Time)
Calle del Gobernador, 26 Madrid
(To participate please contact the FORK by email firstname.lastname@example.org)
16 October 2022 (Online, Open Event)
Celebration of the 2nd World Food Design Day 2022 #wfdd22
#FoodChangers, it is time to act!
Food Design for Changing Cities
DESIGN FOR SHOWING, TOUCHING, INSPIRING, ENVISIONING THE FUTURE OF FOOD IN THE CITY.
Design for opportunities to make them sustainable. designing food and food systems to make cities more resilient, healthier and more sustainable.
FORK Food Design Organization:
Short Summary on 14-15 October sessions
Chef’s Manifesto / SDG2 Advocacy Hub
Researcher at Sostenipra ICTA UAB
Winners of ForkxSchool Challenge 2021-22
Presentations of the Winner’s Project
Launch of ForkxSchool Challenge 2022-23
Finalists of Prize #wfdd22
Food Design for Changing Cities: Growing, Changing, Re-Thinking Cities Through Food Design
4PM-6PM on Zoom (Madrid Time)
Open Event Free Registration
The Fork Organization wants to encourage & support innovative and creative solutions for the following categories inspired by FAO instructions:
1. Enabling Sustainable Production of Nutritious Foods in (Peri-)urban areas
2. Building Inclusive and Sustainable Food Markets and Safeguarding Supply
3. Strengthening Circular Bio-economy, Food Safety and the Urban Environment
4. Improving Food Environments and Consumer Behavior for Nutrition
5. Strengthening the Evidence Base and Research for Innovation Capacities for Urban and Peri-urban Agri-food System Governance and Growth
The jury will be looking to reward projects that represent the best work according to the following criteria:
1. Desirable, Viable and Feasible Design(s)
2. Evidence of a Rigorous Research Process Informing the Design Solution Proposed
3. Innovative and Creative Solutions
1. The call is open to all students and professionals in the field of design, food design and the food sector (including gastronomy, food science, and nutrition…).
2. There is no limitation on the number of submissions.
3. The cost for each submission is 50€. Payment here.
4. Entries must be composed of work that is original, individuals or teams must hold the intellectual property for their
submissions and have the right to enter and publish the submitted work.
1. Short Project Description (no more than 200 words)
2. Overview of the solution (no more than 500 words). Please give the jury a brief idea about your entry solution. Questions you may consider include: what opportunity was the project addressing? Who were you designing for? What were your research process? What was the intended impact?
3. Project Images (at least 2) and a maximum of 5. Upload images that best illustrate your project and, if possible, the process and intended impact of your project. Project images must be either JPEG, GIF or PNG formats. The maximum image dimension is 3000 pixels tall or wide and the maximum individual size is 15MB.
4. Project Video (optional) tells us the story behind your project in no more than 2 minutes; how you approach it is up to you. Length 2 minutes or less. Maximum size: 500MB.
Video ratio: 16:9. Resolution: Full HD 1920×1080. Format: mp4
<< Submission Link >>
Awards and Exhibition
The Fork Organization invites all students and professionals to re-think and re-design the way our cities are changing.
All the proposals selected by the jury will be part of the digital exhibition that the Fork Organization is promoting on their website and a promotional campaign on social media. The winning project will receive a prize of 1000€ sponsored by Imppacto, Catering & Events, Food Design Lab Lisbon and Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies. There will also be honorable mentions if the jury decides that more projects meet the criteria.
hours minutes seconds